Wednesday, February 11, 2009

scale lotus

wow. its been a WHILE since i posted here... winter is boring. nothing to take pictures of. but i found some stuff to keep your eyes happy...this is my small collection of mini lotus esprits...

that big yellow one is a rare remote control car from 1990 that is the same model and year as my actual car... found this on ebay after a year of looking around for it... paid a pretty penny too...the little orange one on the left beneath that is a custom job that i did.. it was originally yellow and had paint on it to look like an earlier version of the esprit from the 80s (not my model year) so i covered that up and redid the back windows with a file so it would more closely match my real car and added some custom rims and put it all back together...to the right of that is a slightly bigger esprit featuring the high-wing that was actually the next model to come out after mine in 1992. this little toy has a feature where if you pull it backwards, it winds up and you can release it and it will travel across your floor. this was a promo over in england...down in front is a little white micro machine esprit. this little thing is part of the reason i actually have the car i do today. this micro machine was bought when me and my friend dustin used to actually play with these things when we were kids. i got this in a pack of james bond cars and instantly fell in love with it. it was so angular looking and looked a lot like one of my other favorites, the lamborghini countach. I had known what an esprit was at the time but never really thought much about them, but this little micro machine inspired me to research them a little and appreciate them more. from then on, lotus was always on my mind as second only to lamborghini and a few years later all it took was seeing a few cruising down university avenue to really spark my interest and find out that i could actually afford one. the rest is history!