Tuesday, March 6, 2007

work

Ok so i finally had to quit south side automotive because i really need some more money if im going to be affording life and paying down debt and stuff.... I found a new job at a place called Gerand Engineering that makes and ships out meters and valves and all that stuff for the fire sprinkler systems in office buildings... My dad has worked there for a while and so has my cousin so as of yesterday (thursday was supposed to be my first day but I got a paid snow day for both thursday and friday) I am now an official warehouse worker, making much more money then i was at South Side.... not to mention I now get longer breaks, and the possibility of benefits such as insurance, vacations, and all that cool stuff! Below are some pictures of the warehouse that I spend all day in.... I have had MANY MANY different various jobs assembling things and packaging things and double checking other peoples work and it just makes the day FLY by! I am really loving it! Plus I get to work with my dad who is a really awesome guy to work for because he knows how to be organized like I like to be and he knows just about everything about this job, so if i have any questions, he is there for me!This is the assembly area where everything gets put together before going out into the warehouse:

aisle 1 of the warehouse:

aisle 2 of the warehouse:
(you can see teh door that leads to the assembly room from aobve)

aisles 3 and 4 of the warehouse:

view from aisle 2 looking towards the shipping counter: